"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Just Sitting. And Running. And Waiting.

A very Happy Halloween to everyone! I love costuming and love that Halloween gives me an excuse to dress up. I also love that the upcoming half marathon is giving me another excuse to dress up. There are only 8 days left!

I really don't have much left to do. There are the remaining training runs, of which there are only a few left. I still need to get my race fuel, which I will probably do this weekend. And then there is the packing, but I will probably do that a couple days before I leave. I did my online check in for Disney a couple nights ago. Now the biggest thing I have left to do is wait. Wait for November 8th to board my plane. Wait for Magical Express to pull into the resort. Wait for November 9th to attend the expo, pick up my packet, and hold my bib in my hands. Wait for November 10th for the race to begin.

I am beyond nervous. I am excited also, but all the fear and doubt is creeping in and I keep worrying about being swept. A friend of mine said she will be waiting outside the BoardWalk (near mile 11) to cheer me on. I am grateful. If I can make it to mile 11 to see her smiling face, then the next 2.1 miles will be nothing. I wish this was a more spectator friendly race so I can see all the people throughout the course. But maybe it is best if I just remain in my zone and push myself to make mile 11, and then finally see the spectators at the finish line.

I can do this.

I hope I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...