"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Friday, October 12, 2012

Keep Moving Forward

I feel....ugh. Yes, that is the best way I can explain it. The weather here has been up and down, and I think it has caught up with me. The last few days I have been very lethargic, with today being the worst (so far). But as of yesterday, I have only four weeks left before I board that plane. I have to press on.

In spite of feeling so out of it, I still went for my run yesterday. I had to push myself through it. I was tiring out, mainly because I just did not feel well. I had increased my walk interval back up 15 seconds, and added 10 seconds to my run interval. I did not notice a difference with my pace or the distance. So I am just going to go back to my regular interval times. In spite of not feeling well, I still managed to get in over 2 miles with a pace of 14:09. I am really hoping whatever bug I have will go away by Sunday. Sunday will be my long run, with 12.5 miles scheduled. I will not be able to run in the morning, but rather the afternoon/early evening. I am not looking forward to it. The high is supposed to be in the low 80s...and 12.5 miles in that does not seem ideal. Actually I know it isn't ideal. But I have to do it.

Spending some time online this morning, I read yet another thing about a runner who mentioned her husband was going to get her a "running gift" when she crosses the finish line. I am always intrigued about running gift discussions, and I do wish people would be descriptive about what they have received or will be receiving. I wonder what each person finds significant. I wonder how each trinket symbolizes their accomplishment.

I am rambling now, so I guess I will sign off. I am going to wrap myself in a blanket and soon indulge myself in some pumpkin bread. It is rainy outside and I am a bit chilled. Yes, I know pumpkin bread is not the healthiest...but sometimes we all need a little comfort food. Enjoy the recipe!

****

Pumpkin Bread
Courtesy of David Tutera, found here

1 can (29oz) Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin
4 eggs
1 cup Crisco oil
1/3 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
2 tablespoons allspice
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
3 1/2 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt

Combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, vanilla, and spices and mix well. Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt, and add to pumpkin mixture. Blend well. Grease and flour 3 foil loaf pans, or spray them with Pam (butter or original flavor). Pour the mixture into the pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of each loaf. Let loaves stand for about 5 minutes. Remove the warm loaves from the pans and brush the top with a glaze if you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...