"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Thursday, October 18, 2012

T Minus 3 Weeks

Exactly three weeks left until I board a plane for Disney. I am nervous and excited. But mostly, I am feeling...

...Sick. Ugh! I just cannot shake this virus. Today's high is only supposed to get to 71, which would be great for me to run in later today. Not perfect, but still really good. Yet, I do not think I will be able to make it out. Again. I had no choice but to skip Tuesday. But, as a friend put it to me yesterday, it is better to have my body be healthy than to get in those last few runs and be sick. So true. I cannot kick myself over this. I would rather skip these runs in order to feel better than to push myself and never recover...and wind up being too sick to do the race. For now, there is a lot of tea going into my body.

I have a few things I still need to do in preparation for my departure. Time always seems to drag when I am waiting for a Disney trip to get here, but it will be here before I know it. On my to-do list...

1. Get a packing list together and finalized. Seriously, I will forget things if I don't do this.
2. Finish putting my running costume together. I am almost done with this. The skirt is being ordered tomorrow, the compression shorts arrived last week, the large rose pin arrived yesterday, I am (still) waiting on the arm warmers, and I already have my tech shirt. All I will have left to get is the headband.
3. Write out a food plan for race day. You would think I know how to eat. Generally I do. But since race day eating will be a bit different than normal day eating, I want to make sure I have an idea of how I should be spacing out meals/snacks.
4. Get a hair cut. My mane has become unmanageable.
5. Buy the fuel I need for race day. Time to head out and get those extra packs of Honey Stingers and some glucose tablets.

I feel like I am forgetting something...

Oh well. For now, I leave you with this picture I took on my run this past Sunday as the sun was setting.


I can't wait to get back out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...