"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Friday, November 30, 2012

The Color Run

After going back and forth on whether I was going to participate in the OKC Memorial Half Marathon, I remembered another running event that I wanted to participate in this past spring but was unable to. This is changing this coming spring!

Spring 2013, I will be participating in The Color Run!!


The picture is exactly what it seems... you dress in white, run a 5K, and get blasted with color along the way. Now this is my kind of run! If I can't do a Disney race, I might as well participate in one that still promotes fun as the purpose! It does not appear to be competitive, and I kind of like that. I am kinda just wanting something fun with no pressure to make a certain time.

I would definitely not be wearing my Zigs at this run. While I love the idea of color all over me, I am not keen on the idea of my shoes being colored and having to spend a ton of time cleaning it off. For this reason, I am really glad I kept my super old gym shoes around. I am going to use it just for this.

The run takes place on April 20, 2013, which is why I think I will be skipping out on the OKC Memorial Half Marathon as it takes place only 8 days later and I have no idea what my schedule will be like at that time that I would be able to devote two weekends to two races (especially as The Color Run will be about 2 hours away from me).

I can't wait for this run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...