"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Monday, November 5, 2012

I'm Wearing All My Favorite Brands

...Sorry, I have the song "Dynamite" stuck in my head.

I feel like I am a walking race car plastered with sponsor logos. Although, you can't really see any logos on me. But still, I am representing a few different brands.


Reebok, Adidas, Under Armour, iFitness, Amaryllis, Thorlos. That isn't including the generic costume pieces I have also.

Reebok - I really can't say enough good things about my ZigLites. Perhaps it is because my previous shoes were so old that my feet were rejoicing at anything with cushion while I ran, but I really love these shoes. And the colors are fun.

Adidas - I am using the adipure tech tank. Honestly, I never understood what the big deal was with people who insisted on particular tech shirts. I really thought they were all the same...so you can imagine that if I thought they were all the same, then I hadn't found a decent tech shirt. I chose the Adidas tech tank because it was yellow and I needed the color for my costume. The first time I ran with it, I understood why people are particular about their techs. I LOVE my tech tank and I can't imagine running a race in anything else. It is very lightweight, has tons of breathability, and is just so fluid with my movement.

Under Armour - I am using a pair of compression shorts under my costume skirt. It feels a bit weird since I typically just run in shorts that are not, well, compression shorts. So having something compressing me is a different feeling. Not at all bothersome, though.

iFitness - I definitely needed a running belt so I wasn't carrying everything in my hands. iFitness had the perfect solution. It doesn't bounce or ride up, and is not bulky. Major win.

Amaryllis - I can't really find any specific company information on this brand. My arm sleeves have the brand name embroidered on the cuff, and I got them from ebay. It is quite possible that whoever sold them is the one who runs the "company." All I know is that they do exactly what I need them to do. They are comfortable, keep my arms warm, and serve as the "gloves" for my costume.

Thorlos - Great cushioning socks. I have used Thorlos several times in the past simply for walking at Disney. While the cushioning is fantastic, they don't provide a ton of breathability. Then I discovered their Experia line. They are now my go-to for running.

Love them all. Though maybe I will discover other brands in the future, for now I cannot imagine running in anything else.

*Disclaimer - I have received absolutely no compensation for discussing any of these brands. These are simply the items that I am using for my runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...