"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Running in Costume

I love dressing up. Yes, I am a girl so that can mean wearing a nice dress with great shoes and accessories. But I mean costumes. I think I am still a kid at heart. So this upcoming half marathon has me excited because I get to wear a costume for it!

At first I was going to go with a TRON theme. I bought a tech shirt that was black with contrasting blue stitching. It was awesome. I'd show you a picture of it, but I don't have one at the moment...so just trust my description of, "it was awesome." I also had black running shorts, and had planned on getting the shoes I wanted in matching colors. I already liked the shoes, so having them match was a bonus. I was set to go. But as I thought about it more and more, I realized that ultimately my "costume" just looked like a black running outfit and nothing really TRONish stood out.

Then, a couple weeks ago, I discovered this:


It is a DIY Belle running costume! That was it...my mind was made up. I am running as Belle. I am not going for the color shoes I originally intended, but neither am I going for those awful yellow shoes. I am, however, doing pretty much everything else.

Yesterday I bought this nifty running shirt to begin the costume:

I will be buying the Golden Yellow Sparkle Running Skirt from team-sparkle.com, white Reebok compression shorts to go under the skirt, a pair of light yellow arm warmers, the Mellow Yellow headband from onelovecollections.com, and a large silk rose brooch to cover up the Adidas logo on my top, and to represent the enchanted rose from Beauty and the Beast.

I am pretty excited. Belle is one of my favorite princesses (alongside Aurora from Sleeping Beauty). Maybe I can do TRON in the future if I can do a suitable running costume that is clear in what it represents. But, until then, I will be a princess.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...